Thursday, November 20, 2008

TRUST YOUR CRAZY IDEAS


I've been reading this pretty cool book I picked up from Starbucks last week, Where will you be five years from today?. It basically is a "self-help" book that challenges you to design the road map of your life over the next 5 years.

The thing I like about this book is it has challenged me to look inside myself and find the happiness in my life. I've asked family and friends recently for help with my life and to show me what they think my purpose is.

It's amazing how almost all of the responses came back to my family--my wonderfully strong wife and great kids. There was a quote in the book that brought me to tears and made me realize what everyone has been telling me:

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~Josephine Billings

Is that good stuff or what?! I have six "one person" people waiting at home for me. I'll leave you with this. Going through this little trying time emotionally and spiritually I now I understand that a success is not what my bank account says, but how many lives I touch in a positive way.

No comments: