Friday, December 5, 2008

What else can I say...a good week!


It's been a pretty good week for the Pitts clan. Kids got their reports and did pretty good. Jon had one little behavior issue (ya, I know...go figure), but other than that Kristy and I were pleased.

I went back to eating better and working out. Lost about 7 lbs this week...most of it coming from eating bad Sunday night! The exercising makes me feel better I've noticed. An old friend, Matt Scott, told me one time that the more you exercise the better you'll feel and man if he wasn't right!

Work has been rewarding and trying. I've tried a new approach to my sales process. Basically I am injecting a little more humility into the mix and less over confidence. Though I didn't get the sale I had 50% success on my list of prospects who I could not get in touch with for the life of me. They seemed very appreciate to my new attitude.

Business is slow...duh! But seems owners are scared to make any changes right now. Best thing I can do is be a resource for those who are interested but not ready to make a move.

I have begun to look for a part-time job. We would like to buy a home in the next few years and will need to save for a down payment. Plus we are planning a big trip to the East Coast in 2 years and will need to save for that too. All exciting challenges to take on!

We stayed pretty honest to the budget this week. Our van repairs were $1000 more than we expected but at least it's running like a champ! I am just glad we had extra funds to cover the rest of the repairs.

So all in all, a good week. We are heading out tomorrow for our 4th Annual Pitts Family Holly Day. We are going to visit Santa at The Old Cannery and then see him again in the DT Puyallup Santa Parade and end the evening at the Victorian Country Christmas. Should be lots of fun!

I'll make sure to post some pics of the festivities! Take care and enjoy the season!!!

No comments: