Monday, February 28, 2011

Had a "Dumb" Coffee-filled Weekend with My Oldest

Last weekend I had the chance to spend some time with my oldest daughter. When I got off work I picked her up and took her out to dinner and a movie. We grabbed some good grub from Qdoba and then went and saw I Am Number 4. She was a little hesitant at first to see it based off her blasé reaction to the trailer. But I told her this movie would be right up her alley--supernatural teens and a love story. Again, dad knew what he was talking about--she liked it. ;-)

We then walked over to Cold Stone and enjoyed some ice cream. Who cared if the weather was less than 30 degrees outside?

We didn't end the evening there. What happened next is one of those moments that I had so longed to share with my kids when they got to a certain age: we watched Dumb and Dumber. I could tell by her laughter that she loved it. Stupid senseless humor and most importantly we shared the moment.

Then I introduced her to something she'll probably experience in a couple of years with her friends: 4th meal. We made an 11:30 pm run to Sonic for some midnight yummies. It was a great night.

The following day we woke up at 11 am and decided to spend the day in Seattle around the Greenlake area. Over the past summer I took numerous trips up there just to enjoy the day and we even took the family up there 2 days in a row during a hot summer weekend for some awesome swimming. Needless to say we added more memories.



She chose to get pizza for lunch so we ate at Zeeks Pizza. That is some pretty good pizza! After we plowed through a medium meatlovers I had a coupon for a free drink from Peet's Coffee so we walked over to the other side of the lake. When we got to Peet's, the lady at the register told me to hold on to my coupon and use it again another day! Free drink, woohoo! It was a bright and sunny day with quite the side wind. It was so cold out that I ordered an extra hot mocha--by the time we crossed the street and got back onto the walk path it was just a warm mocha!



Feeling a little guilty for some of my sins in the past month, I decided to head over to St. James Cathedral for a some confession. I used this new iPhone app called Confession. I love this app even though I had AT LEAST 20 things I wanted to talk to the priest about! Guess I should be a good boy or go to confession more often! LOL!!!

Afterwards we went up to Capital Hill and we grabbed some more coffee at the Peet's on Broadway--Free drink, Part Deux...so I thought. I did get my free drink, but this barista took my free coupon. Oh well, can't complain; free coffee all-day!

Once we had coffee and tea in hand we walked over to Twice Told Tales. I had been here before and knew my daughter would love this place. I finally had the chance to show her the bookstore. Talk about a kid in a candy store--she loved the place! Books everywhere and at least 4 cats roaming around looking for attention. We both grabbed a couple of books and even got an early birthday book for my wife.

I then had the crazy idea of heading over to Bellevue Square just for more fun together. We spent time in the new Microsoft Store and just roamed around the mall people watching (should be an Olympic sport!). We grabbed some dinner from Chipotle and then worked our way back home through DT Seattle.

This has to be by far the most fun I have had with Jessi. She always brightens up my day and I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with this beautiful child. I look forward to many more fun adventures together. :'-)

No comments: