Monday, March 28, 2011

God Used People to Help Me Hear His Good News

He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~ 2 Thessalonians 2:14, NLT

My story of how I became a Christian is quite interesting. I actually started going to church because of a girl. I know, how original?! At the time I really liked this girl and I was open to the idea of God. I began going to church and learning about the bible. I won’t go into details, but eventually I knew that this particular church wasn’t for me. Yet, I was interested about learning who this Jesus was.

One of my buddy’s from high school gave his life to Christ the summer before and was constantly bugging me about going to church. I would give reason after reason as to why I didn’t or couldn’t. Fast forward a few months and after breaking up with the girl, I asked him if I could go to his church. Words could not express his happiness…almost to the point I was questioning asking him.

However, this moment altered the course of my life’s journey. I came to learn about Christ, accept him as my lord and savior and become active in the church. Little did I know my future wife also attended this church—something I didn’t find out about until we started dating. God had put me in the right place at the right time. I got married in that church and spread the Good News to other teens while working with the youth group. Those teens grew up to become great ministers of God’s message. God’s will was done.

It’s quite a story that a young boy, who had no church background and constantly heard the Lord’s name used in vain in his surroundings, would be used in such a mighty way to be a witness to others about how Christ changed my life. I have had bumps in the road over the years, but I think back to that time with happy thoughts. To this day, God has been faithful just like he promised me so many years ago when I accepted him into my life.

All good things happen—in God’s timing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great entry rory!
i remember the exact time, place, and moment i asked christ into my heart. my life was forever changed!!!

i definitely needed your entry today though... god's timing...

something i REALLY NEED to remember right now!
thanks!!!
~pamela ancich