Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grandma Pitts - A Wise and Kind Person

A wise person gets known for insight; gracious words add to one’s reputation.
~ Proverbs 16:21

This is the first bible passage I’ve run into while doing my daily Lent blog that has stumped me. I could write the typical stuff that everyone already knows—I mean the verse alone fills in all the gaps of any pearls of wisdom I might accidently stumble upon. Yet, as I ponder a deeper meaning I think about my 85 year old grandma.

The matriarch of the Pitts family, my grandmother is one of the kindest women I have ever known. I truly believe she doesn’t have one mean bone in her body. Ever since I was a kid, my grandma has always been loving, kind and never once included in a conversation gossip or slander about someone else. Heck, I remember times when I would try to get her opinion about someone or something and she would always take a neutral position.

Don’t get me wrong, she loves her kids, grandkids and great grandkids more than anyone could possibly imagine. However, if she has favorites none of us know who they are. She is the one woman who could keep the peace in our family and make it look effortless.

I could learn a thing or two from my grandma. She is a wise woman who understands family is more important than anything else. Now only if the rest of us would follow in her footsteps.

No comments: