Wednesday, March 23, 2011

He Has 99, But I Was That One

"Look at it this way. If someone has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders off, doesn't he leave the ninety-nine and go after the one?
~ Matthew 18:12

The bible is filled with so many good stories and analogies about how much God loves us. I have always loved this verse. To picture a shepherd who would head out to look for one sheep while the other ninety-nine are grazing back on the ranch is quite a sight to imagine.

Heck, when I lose the remote control I will cross barren wastelands (the kid’s rooms) and treacherous caverns (the couch cushions) to find it. That is some serious passion! Of course, during this adventure I’ll walk past the television four or five times where I could have easily turned it on.

But in all seriousness the kind of love God has for me is so much stronger than that of a remote control. Although He has “ninety-nine” others, He will search high and low to find me and bring me back home. I think back to the past four years living in Puyallup. I swear I believe I tried my hardest to be lost. How silly is the idea that I could be lost or hide from God?

Thankfully he searched and searched and was faithful. He never gave up on me and eventually brought me back towards home. I know how hard I would search to look for my child; to think God has that kind of love for me is simply awesome.

No comments: