Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Threw My Arms Up in the Air and God Took My Burdens

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

~ Romans 8:28, NLT

I was grumpy yesterday.

My day at work was amazingly boring, I got a letter in the mail delivering potentially bed economic news and the house was a mess with lazy kids sitting around doing nothing. The perfect "oh crap, dad's going to explode" type of cocktail. I was not happy.

Then my wife in all of her wisdom told me something rather strange..."so, do something about it" -- referencing the lazy kids and the messy house. So I did. Shut off the computers, put the DSs away and cleaned house. Everyone pitched in. Within an hour we got the house just about spotless...ok, maybe not spotless, but it was clean again. Yay, victory.

As I lay in bed last night I had the economic issue on my mind. I figured if there was ever a moment, now was the time to trust God. So I prayed. I put the entire issue on his shoulders. I thought to myself that if the creator of the universe wants this situation to work out for our good it will--no matter the outcome.

Today I called the company and politely explained--which is not how I roll when dealing with stressful money issues--that there was a mistake and I needed it fixed. After checking her records she discovered that there was indeed a mistake on our account and we didn't owe money, but money was OWED TO US!!! Amazing. I was stunned. She told me it was because I filled out the proper paperwork in December that allowed for this miracle to happen today. For some reason it got lost in the shuffle and I was indeed in the right.


At that moment, I was overcome with thankfulness--not because we received a good sum of money in return, but that God was faithful. He knew our needs. Struggling to make ends meet over the past three months has been a little taxing. He answered our prayer in his timing for us to truly praise him with thankful hearts.


God doesn't need our praise. He loves meeting us just when we need him so that we may glorify his name. To God be the glory!



No comments: