Thursday, March 31, 2011

Though I Have Been Impure, God Still Fights For My Soul

God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.

~ 1 Thessalonians 4:7, NLT

Hmmm....I should have known why I was subconsciously avoiding today's blog post. Talk about a smack to the ol' being. Let me just get this out in the open.....there are times I have lived an impure life. Heck, I can't count how many times in the past 4 years I've been impure. When I say impure, I mean stuff that even nonreligious people would shake their head at. I lost my focus; I turned my back on Christ.


This I know, when I finally realized I am a sinner and I came back to God I was welcomed with a loving embrace. God knows the things I've done yet he still wanted to be with me. He didn't give up on me. He wanted to be in my life again. Since September of last year I've been with my Father. Here's what else I know, I have stumble a few times since then--almost to the point of failing yet again in my walk. But God was there to catch me, hold me, to show me he wasn't going to let go. 


I was worth fighting for. Even in my sinful ways, he fought for my very soul against the Enemy.


This is my daily struggle, to live a holy life and turn my back on impurity. It's not easy. If it was, everyone would do it. The Enemy and his minions will do whatever they can to keep me away from God. Yet, I now know that I can call on my Father and he will protect my soul and lead me out of temptation. He gives me an example through Christ on holiness and a drive to live each day for him. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

No comments: