Sunday, April 28, 2013

How to Make Confession a Little Less Stressful

It's been three weeks since I've been to confession. Believe you me that's like ages in my spiritual walk—just enough time to get filled with pride.

Apparently my human nature was getting tired of the spiritual side always succeeding in the never ending battle of sinning or not sinning. Therefore, in moments of weakness my flesh chose this week to deploy the sin operation....hence my journey to the reconciliation room on Saturday. I really do like going to confession, but I like living a righteous life more. Unfortunately, I haven't reached righteousness so off I went.

There is an app that helps me on that journey to bring me closer to Christ. "Confession: A Roman Catholic App" is fantastic when I'm doing the pre-confession work of examining my conscience. At times it can be sobering, but it helps me get closer to God.

Keep in mind the app does not replace going to confession. I still have to go and share with my priest my failings in order to receive absolution. With the app though, it makes the process a little less stressful.

No comments: