Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shut up and take my money!

I'm not a fan of pledge drives. As a matter of fact I despise fundraisers. I get they're a necessary evil, but I feel like I'm already giving as much as I can between bills and raising a family in today's economy.

But they're is a pledge drive going on right now that I can absolutely get behind: Air1.

If you have never heard of Air1 then it's time to open your ears. Air1 is a commercial free nationwide Christian music station that can be listened to online or if you're lucky a local radio station (check the website for a local station). Artists like TobyMac, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Jeremy Camp, Mercy Me and the Newsboys are constantly rocking the airwaves for Christ!

Air1 is more than music; for me it's a chance to come closer to God and worship my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The "positive alternative" has inspired me in uncertain times or convicted my heart when I've been straying from God's will. However, it's those times when a song has brought me to tears in humility that justify my monthly pledge to the Air1 ministry.

I challenge you to head over to Air1.com and give them a listen. I believe if a ministry can help change hearts for Christ, then I must do everything I can to spread the word and encourage others to support this ministry too!

God bless Air1.

No comments: