Friday, May 31, 2013

Now that you're broken, do I have your attention?

I have NEVER heard the voice of God.

I have always thought to myself that people who claim to have "heard the voice of God" are two shots short of a triple shot Americano. 

Well...pour me a triple shot espresso. Tonight at Eucharistic Adoration I heard God speak to me.

There were no trumpets, no choirs of angels, no crying preachers at a pulpit. It was a small still voice. The voice I needed to hear at that moment.

I have had A LOT on my heart lately. Career, family, faith...basically life. Life choices, sins, sickness and at times despair have left me close to depression, again. I know this is a direct attack by Satan. My last blog post exposed my life over the past decade that led me to relief. When I'm most proud of myself is when I fall the hardest.

I prayed to Jesus for reverent and thoughtful prayers during the rosary. I prayed for my career, my wife, our kids, life decisions, friends and family. Then I prayed the rosary. I began to feel Christ entering my soul.

I finished the rosary and then just sat there. Quiet. Still. Open to hear His voice. There was the body of Christ on the altar. The holy presence of my Savior. The man who died on the cross for MY sins. The God of the universe. Then I heard Him.....

"Be positive."

That was it. That was the moment. That's when God met me where I needed Him most. That is where the Savior became real to me.

I asked a few more questions and without missing a beat He spoke to me. The message to "Be positive" is what I needed. For so long I've been jaded, negative, hopeless and downright miserable to most people. They might not have noticed it, but in my heart I had grown negatively distant to society.

Be positive.

Such a simple command. Yet, a promise that everything will be alright. Turn the page, seek His face and experience everything that God has for me in this life.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." -Psalm 118:29

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey